TexMex Country

TexMex Country

Recycling

I am thrilled! Our neighborhood has started its own small curbside recycling program!
My life got a little bit easier today :)

Thanks to a voluntary school project, some young people interested in helping the environment and Walmart donating the boxes, I don't have to drive miles to recycle paper and plastic, metal, aluminum and Styrofoam anymore.
I still have to take glass and some other items somewhere else myself, but it is a start.

For now I am happy to participate in the, as far as I know, very few neighborhood recycling projects in Brownsville!

This morning I looked around and didn't see many people putting boxes out, but I hope over time, they all will join the free program sooner or later. I had a few cars stopping in front of our house, looking curiously at our boxes, which have a letter sized piece of paper attached: all paper and all plastic - RECYCLING!, so there must be some interest in it, but to be honest, at first I thought they would get out, grab the boxes and disappear. Usually everything on the curbside is up for grabs, right? But, I was wrong, no one took them and one lady actually READ my recycling list (I apologize for my thoughts!).
I am not crazy about separating, no, I just do what I think is easy for me to do - and recycling a few things is easy. I don't accumulate as much trash as before, do something good and I might even save some money - in this case: gasoline.


So if you haven't thought about joining a neighborhood recycling project before, maybe now might be a good time to start. Think Green :)

No comments: