To share my excitement you probably have to be a gardener, or at least to love plants.
Two years I have waited to see my Canna Tropicana bloom, but nothing happened. It would grow leaves, fill one container then another, but no flowers in sight. My other cannas, with green leaves and red flowers (sorry, I don't know the name) do much better.
I planted some in my flower bed in March, thought they would like it better, but not much happenend. The leaves are pretty, I like the different colors; the greens, the yellows, the red and purples, it almost looks like a tropical rainbow on a leaf, but I wanted a flower too.
I kept two of my Tropicannas in a container, in case they wouldn't like our soil, and they almost got eaten by caterpillars.
The last one to survive I had to move two days ago to the north side due to some work on the flower bed and look what I just saw from my kitchen window!
A FLOWER!!!!!
I swear, there was nothing to see on Saturday! Can you see why I am so excited?
No comments:
Post a Comment