TexMex Country

TexMex Country

Easter Spring Gardening


Spring has sprung, or should I say it is almost over? With temperatures between 80 and 96°F you never know. For now I still enjoy the smell and colors in our garden - and my little garden friends who come to visit.
today's garden picture
our garden 14 days ago
The Black Bellied Whistling Ducks take advantage of the seed variety in our garden
 One of our aloe plants flowered and the orioles were thrilled. Every morning they sipped on fresh nectar.
 I enjoyed the first blossom of my rose
The climbing rose (Joseph's Coat ) enjoys the cooler temperatures in spring
Hibiscus plants did fairly well in pots, but I have decided to try planting them in the garden. I hope it isn't a mistake.
 The Mexican Flame Vine is one of my favorites and a butterfly magnet. Unfortunately, the show almost is over.
a Swallowtail 14 days ago
We got a lemon tree handed down and it is bearing fruit. I cannot wait to try the first juicy lemon. 
My mixed garden planter is filled with Mandevilla, Creonopsis, Snapdragon, Marigold and Chrysanthemums, not a very typical combination 
today
I added a bird bath and several feeder to our yard and the birds thank me by spreading seeds. Sunflowers are their favorites, I find them everywhere :-D
Sunflower under lime tree

I  found these solar garden lamps at a local store and fell in love with them.
 I think they look good in the flower bed
Spring is fantastic! I hope you enjoy it too!

Sunny greetings from Brownsville and Happy Easter to all of you! 

2 comments:

Ashwini said...

Excellent Michaela!
I hope I will get some time to do something just like you.
Happy Easter to you.

Michaela said...

Thank you Ashwini. It is very nice to hear from you :)