TexMex Country

TexMex Country

Sandcastle Days 2013, South Padre Island, Texas

Sunday greeted us with fall like temperatures, somewhere around the higher 70's. Not cold, just not as warm :) Very pleasant, actually. It looked like the perfect day to check out the Sandcastle Competition on the island and take some photos.
Well, SPI greeted us with light rain and windy conditions. Not as bad as last year, when I got drenched and almost blown away, but sea spray is not really nice to cameras. 
Oh Crab!
Well, we decided to take a quick look anyway, and even though there were not as many sculptures as in the past years, it was an interesting mix. See for yourself :)


The Shark
  The Face
  Time (... for a cup of tea?)
The woman (behind bars?)
Octopus
  The Castle
  Drinking (one too many)
  Dreaming
  The snail
Let me tell you that the second place is missing, I couldn't get a good shot of it, but can you guess the first and third place? Or what is your favorite? Let me know ....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic sand works, great photos. Hope I have better luck posting this comment than I did before. It never showed up.

Michaela said...

Shirl, have you tried to post this comment before? It has to do with the settings, I need to approve your comment first before it publishes. Spam control.
What is your favorite sand sculpture?