TexMex Country

TexMex Country

Our little zoo

If you haven't seen it on my FB site already, we have a little zoo going on and it is a lot of fun for the time being. Here is a little update:
I haven't had luck catching the parakeet, though he still is around. I made some progress, getting as close as three feet, but then he takes off. He looks very happy in his environment, so I think the little bird really enjoys his freedom. I tried catching him for almost two weeks, it is time to give up, don't you think?

Last Wednesday we had another visitor. Our cat Tiger didn't come home until late that night, very unusual, so Volker and I were looking for him. We tried for two hours without luck. If he doesn't want to be found, you don't find him, even if he is only feet away. When he eventually came home, he had something in tow - a kitten. Imagine my surprise. Tiger was not happy about this little furry thing, I heard him growling, but would you sent this pitiful meowing kitty away? I didn't, no, actually, I couldn't.
Thinking it must have followed Tiger, therefore it must be a neighbors, I put up a sign in our frontyard, but despite my effort nobody has yet asked for this little guy. I know, it sometimes takes a few days until you realize your cat is gone, it is a cat after all, but a three month old kitten? Come on, who wouldn't miss it?
Well, I have the feeling they will show up at some point, and then we have another problem: letting this cutie go. By now he has charmed his way into our life and he already made a friend - something I didn't see coming. Our cats usually do not like other furry things, but for some reason Sammy, our other cat, has become quite attached to the little one.
Look for yourself - here is "too cute" (the video is too long for Blogger, so this link takes you to my fb page)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two very cute balls of allergens! :)