I cannot sleep. It is hot in here despite the air conditioning, and a mosquito is bugging me . Once I hear them, I can forget about sleeping.
I could watch TV, but I am not in the mood. While I am sitting here I can blog. Wanted to do it anyway.
Last weekend Volker and I visited Laguna Atascosa Wildlife Refuge again. It has become our Paines Prairie of Texas. It does not change as much, but the wildflowers and cacti are in bloom and that is always worth a look.
Some pictures of the park.
I love the purple sea of flowers
Yukka
Prickly pear and other cacti



Lantanas - here they grow wild, I had to pay for it at Lowe's
Verbena?
I think this is a thistle
no idea
wild hibiscus?
Once in a while someone or -thing is crossing the way
another strange bird
it is a Crested Caracara
One could believe Easter is still here, we saw many little rabbitsBack at home we witnessed a battle between those two
this tarantula was about 3 1/2 inches in length














No comments:
Post a Comment