TexMex Country

TexMex Country

Between Gladiators, Romans and the wild city life

My husband attended a conference in Rome the first week of September giving me the chance to explore historic Rome.

ROME
The Piazza de Maria Maggiore

 There are tons of cute little cars in Rome, but if I think about Rome, a vespa is the way to go.
The Spanish Steps, always occupied by too many people.
  doesn't it look inviting?
Piazza de Navona. It looks so nice with all the flowers.

The fountain in the middle of the piazza is a piece of art for sure. Four statues symbolize four continents and their biggest rivers ( Danube, Nile, Ganges and Rio de la Plata).
for a better view click to zoom in
There are so many beautiful churches in Rome, very impressive

The Pantheon at night
 
Trevi Fountain. Many people throw money in here for a wish.
Vatican City
You haven't seen Rome unless you see the Vatican.
 
 
If you don't count the first staircase, it is 323 steps from the first level to the roof.I wanted to have the view, so Amika and I climbed up. It is a hot, exhausting way.
 
The Vatican guard. They look so interesting, everyone takes a picture. You have to admire their patience.
We walked from the museum to the Sistine Chapel (no pictures allowed)
 

I really liked the staircase

Nothing is better than a good meal (and a bottle of wine) with  friends
from left: Pablo, Amika, Geppo, Mario, Lidia und Rick
 in the background: our Trattoria
Ancient Rome, the Colosseum
 Amphitheater
Castello de Angelo, not sure what to say about it ... except it wasn't worth the money, in my opinion.
we went to the museum for a view over Rome
more churches
What I really liked were the different houses. The shape was unusual and the street grid wasn't predictable - that's why I probably got lost once.
Volker didn't have much time for sightseeing, but as a scientist the Leonardo DaVinci Exhibit was a must

Once again we visited the Vatican. The police is using electro cars
I bought postcards and stamps at the Vatican post office
The plaza in front of the St. Peter's Cathedral
the pope wasn't working, I guess.
Rome is worth a visit, but let me give you one advice: always have cash on hand.

No comments: