TexMex Country

TexMex Country

Free

Some things stick with you for a long time: Memories, souvenirs or, in our case, the stuff we had found in the attic when we moved in four years ago (see post HERE). My plan had been to sell it via craigslist or at a yard sale, but craigslist didn't do so well and I never managed to do a garage sale. The useless stuff in the garage bothered me and everytime I looked at it I thought "you need to get rid of it", but, nothing happened. So, long story short, four years later some treasures still were in the garage. Until last week, when I decided to clean out the garage and free myself from it once and for all.
My first attempt on Tuesday:
FAILED! Nobody took the stuff, not even for free.
Same thing happened on Wednesday. It still was there in the evening.


On Saturday my husband worked in the attic, installing an antenna, and so I thought I give it another try.
This time I only put up a sign:

FREE!
"baby bed - needs work, ceiling fan - working, misc"

and stuck it in the lawn near the driveway. Would it work this time? I really hoped someone would take it. At least the baby bed should find another home ...
Well, it did. Two hours later my husband brought me the sign. Everything was picked up. It probably went to the flea market here, but that's fine. Our garage is freed from it and I feel good :)

No comments: